This website under development. Visitors are asked to access our Food Law Blog at: www.food-label-compliance.com
Charles F. Woodhouse, Esq. – Food Safety Attorney – MS Food Safety – MS Packaging
- Charles Woodhouse, BA (Dartmouth), MBA (Wharton), JD (Rutgers), MS Food Safety (Michigan State), MS Packaging (Michigan State)
- Charles Woodhouse is unique among practicing food lawyers in having both an MS Degree in Food Safety (Food Chemistry, Food Microbiology, and Food Toxicology) and and MS Degree in Packaging (Materials Science and Food Engineering for Food Preservation).
- Vice-Chair Food, Cosmetics & Nutraceuticals Committee, American Bar Association, Science & Technology Law Section.
- His recent publications include: Children’s Rights and the Politics of Food: Big Food Little People (2018), and Food Lawyers Face Challenges from 21st Century Logistics, FSMA, and the Clean Label Movement (2017).
- Adjunct Professor Michigan State University – teaching US Regulation of Food Imports academic years 2013-2014.
- His national CLE (Continuing Legal Education) course “Food Law” is hosted by Lorman.com and offered live in February each year and on-line for the balance of the year. This course is accredited in all 50 states widely attended for CLE credit by both Attorneys and Certified Public Accountants.
- Admitted to the the Practice of Law at the Bars of the District of Columbia, Florida, and Pennsylvania.
- Professional Member – Institute of Food Technologists and American Chemical Society.
- Member American Agricultural Law Association.
Our new website is in development at and will feature our work on food industry Supply-Chain Risk-Management as developed in our recent articles in Sci-Tech Lawyer and Food Cosmetics & Nutraceuticals. Our goal is to assist clients in the prevention of Food Safety Incidents and Food Recalls and in the mitigation, through advanced planning and preparation, of such Incidents should they occur.
Our focus is on putting in place systems and documentation for the prevention of Food Safety Incidents and Regulatory Violations. Our focus is not only on FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) compliance but also on steps which our clients must take in advance in order to comply with the terms and conditions of Product Liability Insurance, Contamination & Recall Insurance, and with the specialized requirements of USDA/FSA Crop Insurance Programs.
Woodhouse Shanahan serves as Counsel for technical Food Law and Food Science issues to Rhythm LLC a leading international design firm that specializes in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry. Rhythm provides end-to-end design services: brand ideation and strategy; packaging ideation and design development; compliance review of labeling and advertising claims; product launch support; and a wide variety of strategic marketing communication services structured to deploy, accelerate, and build an optimized consumer experience within the global marketplace.
At Woodhouse Shanahan our clients can rely upon the services of an attorney who is also a credentialed Food Scientist and Materials Scientist, educationally qualified to practice FDA Law in the modern era of Regulatory Science.
Please read a selection of our recent published work at:
Woodhouse Shanahan PA
Washington, DC – Cedar Key, FL – Haddonfield, NJ
Tel: 352-278-1110 (direct) DC Office 202-293-0033